Home > City > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the City of Vergas phone number?  218-302-5996


How do I get on the agenda for a City Council meeting?

The Council meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm. You should contact the City Clerk no later than 5pm Wednesday prior to a meeting, to put your topic on the agenda. If you have information to enclose in the Agenda packet, they may be provided by email (jlammers@cityofvergas.com) or by dropping off a copy at the City Office. (If you ask to be put on the agenda after the deadline noted above, the Council may decline to take action since they will not have had ample time to research and consider your request.)

How do I get on the agenda for a Planning Commission meeting?

The Planning Commission meets the forth Monday of each month at 6:00 pm. If you wish to be on the agenda, please contact the City Clerk no later than 4pm Wednesday prior to a meeting. If there are no items for the agenda, meeting will be canceled.

How do I get a yard waste permit and how long is it good for?

You may purchase a yard waste permit for $65.00 a year (good from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31) at either the City Office or the Municipal Liquor Store .

Pet Licensing

Dogs and cats over 6 months old require licensing annually. Licenses may be purchased from the City Office or Municipal Liquor Store. Applications are available at City Hall. Proof of rabies vaccination is required.

Construction Permits

Construction permits are generally required for new construction, additions and alterations but not for maintenance. If you question if you need a permit please call City Hall 218-302-5996.

Park shelters

The City does not "reserve" park shelters. They are on a first come first serve basis.